Start Updating took over 30 minutes

Updating took over 30 minutes

My Share Point 2013 farm is hosted by a Windows 8 Hyper V environment where my VM’s meet the minimum hardware requirements for memory etc.

To my surprise, I found the total time to apply the patch (install the bits) took over 5 hours per Share Point Server.

This time doesn’t include running PSConfig which is considered phase 2.

Note: Threads are treated the same as everyone else in terms of thread priority.

Another way of saying this: By having x # of additional processes running, you increase the # of threads vying for CPU time by x much.

I thought the download was taking extremely long considering how large it was supposed to be.

I checked the download management tab in steam, and it's showing me as having 3.4 gigabytes of patching left to download.

Well, it’s time to open that old document, save it under a new name, and get typing. A good starting point is to remember how you were just pitching yourself to person you impressed.